Video marketing is on the rise. It has been on my radar for quite some time now. But I always look to how effective any trend might be before I jump on the bandwagon teetering out of control. Looking at the research from Stephanie Frasco on Social Media Today, here's why I think we should pay more attention to video marketing now than ever before.
- About 46% of people say they’d be more likely to seek out information about a product or service after seeing it in an online video. (Source: Eloqua)
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. (Source: Mist Media)
- Video and e-mail marketing can increase click-through rates by more than 90%.(Source: Mist Media)
- Video equals higher viewer retention. The information retained in one minute of online video is equal to about 1.8 million written words. (Source: Brainshark)
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time spent on the site and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Of the 80% of internet users who watched a video ad, 46% took some sort of action after viewing the ad. (Source: Video Brewery)
With Facebook acquiring Instagram many in the social media game wondered if they could maintain the edge Instagram built in their rise to the top. Adding the Instagram video feature again added concern that Facebook would ruin the features that made Instagram so unique. Well the critics have been silenced with what the social media savvy are calling this video feature an out of the park hit for Facebook and its millions of users. How are the Instagram savvy using this new feature to promote their business? Let's take a peek behind the scenes, Instagram style.
- Use Instagram to humanize your business....Our business lends itself particularly well to this. Good news is if you already have an Instagram account, you're good to go. If you don't..what the heck are you waiting for. This medium lends itself especially well to our industry, it is so very visual.
- Introduce new products, services or specials. These short burst videos are perfect for introducing a new service including a few seconds of each step with a beautiful finished result. A quick how to use a new product demo can entice clients or visitors for that matter, to check them out in person.
- Testimonials are a great way to use the new Instagram video feature. Put a face with all those nails. Of course clear it with your clients, but what a better way to build your brand and loyal following than to feature some of your nail stars.
Maisie Dunbar of Maise Dunbar Spa Lounge posted several Instavideos from an event she hosted at her salon. Perfect use of this new social media app.