Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Giving Tree


Todays marketing tip is about giving back to your clientele. To quote St Francis “For it is in giving that we receive. “

     So many days we are the recipients of our clients love and money, this holiday is a wonderful opportunity to give back and share the love. Every year in my salon I put up “The Giving Tree”. I decorate a small tree with cute little pre-decorated ring boxes I find on line at nilecorp.com and inside I tuck a gift for my clients. Where the ring would go I fold a little paper that has a salon discount on it. I use a word document and print several types of discounts for my clients. Understand though I don’t just pick any gift. I strategically focus on upsells and add on services. I write things like Free upgrade to a spa manicure, or pedicure. Free paraffin dip. 15% off Spa manicure. 15% off anti-aging hand treatment. I offer the opportunity for my clients to experience an upgrade on their normal services because let’s face it. If they never experience the upgrade they really can’t understand the benefit. Once they experience the upgrade they will forever know what they are missing. This small gesture gives them the opportunity to see feel, smell and even taste the difference. Many of my spa treatments come with a complimentary beverage or treat. Peppermint patties and peppermint tea accompanies my Peppermint pedicure. Chocolate cherry hot coco comes with my Chocolate covered cherry pedi. Pumpkin spice tea comes with my pumpkin pedi, you get the drift.

     So the next time you ask them if they want to upgrade their service with your latest spa service they are more likely to say yes in order to get the spa experience. I also add in gift certificate specials like get a free 10 dollar gift card with every 50 dollar gift card purchase. Free gift, like a sample solor oil and travel hand cream. I do add a few 50% off retail purchases just for the excitement. Think about what it is you are trying to promote in your salon and make it a little easier for your clients to purchase and experience. The giving tree is up all season until January 1 but the special gifts have a very limited time line, usually from Jan1 to end of February or March. Just enough time to get through a few quiet months while promoting your best services. Everyone that visits the salon, even those just buying gift certificates are encouraged to take a gift off the tree. With these next few weeks we will see many more customers treating themselves for a special holiday party or just because. Don’t miss the opportunity to give back and say thank you for your loyalty and your business. I never forget for one moment without them there is no me.

No comments:

Post a Comment