Sunday, November 2, 2014

Hang on Tight!



 

     This week a Facebook post resonated with quite a few of my followers. “Hang on tight to your dreams, you just never know when they might come true!!!” Some of you know I have been working on a certain project for about 7 years. I am so very thankful for hanging onto this dream, it’s getting so close to coming true. I’m so thankful for all the people that helped and encouraged me over these years to not give up.
     So you have a dream? Not sure how to accomplish this dream? Does it take skills you don’t have? Learn them. I had never done what was required to achieve my dream but I didn’t let that small fact stop me. I studied, took classes and paid people to help me. But you have to get started, and there is no better time than right now.  The time will pass anyways, pass it working on your dream.
     Are you investing in you? If you ever expect anyone else to invest in you, well you have to invest in yourself. I paid consultants to help me along the way, all along the way, from start to when I thought I was finished and then paid again to make sure it was perfect. I worked on it, broke it down, reworked it and broke it down again till I was ready to give up. Many a time I thought, who do I think I am, trying to do this, But I pressed on. There are many people in the business world that are those few steps ahead of you, where you need to be. Completing a project must go beyond friends and mentors. It takes professionals. If you are not willing to pay for the knowledge to get your project where it needs to be don’t expect anyone else to invest. 

 
       Does  your dream keep you up at night and drive your thoughts and actions throughout the day? Your dream must be top of mind, back of mind, always on your mind. Are you taking actions every day, every week, every month to push through? Doubts will overtake you if you let them. So make sure you have good people around you believing in you when you run out of belief in yourself.
     Get rid of negative Nancy’s. Surround yourself with your cheer group, prayer warriors and balcony people. I am so very thankful for so many that have prayed for me, believed in me and encouraged me along the way. Sometimes it was just a simple word of encouragement that kept me going. I know for certain I could not have survived the challenge without them. A big dream is downright scary. Make sure you have positive people and their energy surrounding you and your project. And be that support for someone else in your world.
     Reach out to everyone you can think of. A key person in the development of my project was a guy I dated over 30 years ago. We got back in touch through Facebook and he came up with the connection that made the difference between my project getting lost in the crowd and being put front and center. You never know what each connection in your life can someday offer you. Imagine if I had burned that bridge so many years ago. Hopefully soon I will be able to share the project publically, But until then believe me when I tell you truly anything is possible. To have my dream come as far as it has to this point is an accomplishment in itself. So believe, never stop, even if it takes years.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment